While I’m on the internet recently, I have seen most people asking questions like
- What is lge.appbox.client?
- What is com.lge.qmemoplus?
- Why lge.appbox.client used?
And I didn’t see a proper answer to these questions. For this reason, I decided to solve these problems. As we already know, mobile devices are becoming more popular these days.
The android operating system is one of the most used operating systems in mobile devices.
Maybe you have noticed these lge.appbox.client and com.lge.qmemoplus.pro processes are working on android mobiles because the IOS operating system is different from the android operating system and has different functions.
What is LGE
LGE stand for LG electronics, which is one of the largest tech companies in the world. In 2014 its global sales reached 91 billion, according to Wikipedia. It is a South Korean multinational electronics company headquartered in Seoul.
The main business units of LG electronics are
- Mobile phones – LG manufactured some amazing mobile phones, as you already know.in 2013 they unveiled the curved smartphone Gflex and G7 ThinQ in 2018
- Smartwatches – LG and google announced an Android-based smartwatch in 2014. the first smartwatch that supports newer features like WI-Fi and new android features released by LG and it was LG Watch Urbane.
- Rolly keyboard – In 2015, LG announced the Bluetooth keyboard. that folds up along the four rows of keys for portability.
- Home applications – some of LG’s home products like refrigerators, TVs, Computers, Washing machines popular among peoples these days
- Tablet computers – LG developed several kinds of tablets.
So now you know what lge means on com.lge.appbox.client process or com.lge.qmemoplus process. That is, the packages pre-installed in LG devices. Basically, client app and QuickMemo app on LG devices.
What is com.lge.qmemoplus
This package represents the quick memo feature on LG devices. This feature allows you to capture screenshots and create memos on your device.
Using this feature, you can create memos even if you are on a phone call. You access this feature automatically when you use functions like screen capturing, etc.
What is lge.appbox.client
lge.appbox.client is a client feature on your LG device. This means it is basically a system app that allows communicating your device with the LG server. There are three types of client applications available
- Fat clients – the client who performs the bulk of data processing itself. It does not necessarily rely on the server. A fat client, also known as a rich client or thick client.
- Thin client– thin clients use the resources of the host computer. For example, when your phone updates, It necessary to connect to the internet.
- The hybrid client-hybrid client is a mixture of thick client and thin client. This means it processes data locally but relies on the server for some data needs.
Suppose you have seen lge.appbox.client or com.lge.qmemoplus packages running on your device there is nothing to worry about it.
Don’t try to stop those processes because some of these packages are required to run your device. But the problem is also some key loggers and malware show this kind of strange processes.
The solution for that is to install apps only from a trusted website like our website. If you need to virus scan manually, you can use the virustotal website to check.
So that’s all. See you guys on another informative article like this.